OK, folks. I confess. I TOTALLY flaked on our typical “Wardrobe Wednesday” post yesterday!
My mind was on fixated on the Power Ball. It was the talk of the office yesterday and there were pockets of “how many tickets did you get, would you come into work, what’s the first thing you would do with the money?” conversations happening all throughout the day. Hard to concentrate on anything else (work or otherwise)!
I purchased two tickets on my way home last night and was surprised to see that Gear had done the same (we NEVER play so this was a nice coincidence – more chances for us to win :)). The entire evening was spent talking about what we would do with 1.5 billion dollars and this is what we came up with:
- Hire a lawyer ASAP and get the money tucked away into a secure bank before telling a SOUL.
- Make a list of all of our debt to pay off. Cars, House, Credit Cards, Student Loans, etc.
- Pay off all of our families debts.
- Donate to charity – leave the world a better place than when we found it. There are a ton of places we would help out.
- TRAVEL. We would spread out our travels so that we could experience the world (this means we obviously would quit our jobs).
- Take care of our loved ones – this one is pretty broad but it covers helping out family/friends and celebrating with them on a whole new level.
- Go shopping! OK, so this is more for me than Gear but imagine the designers I could wear…. amazing.
- Volunteer -with all this extra time, Gear and I would give back in a hands on way as well.
- Invest because, why not? Maybe become an Angel Investor.
- Take up some insane hobbies. Enough said.
As you can imagine, Gear and I didn’t win last night – but we can still do some of these things on a smaller level.
Now it’s back to reality, and back to our weekly posts 🙂